New Graduate Student Information
Welcome Fall and Summer 2016 New Graduate Students! Below is a link to the Entomology New Student Information Guide. In the guide you will find information about housing, Madison, orientation, benefits, enrollment, etc. This guide is intended to be a general overview of program requirements. For a complete listing of program requirements please visit the Handbooks and Forms webpage. For additional information on building resources, HR, IT, etc., please visit the Russell Labs Knowledge Base (KB).
If you have any questions please contact Sara Rodock (608-262-9926), the Student Services Coordinator. To help with planning please notify Sara with the date that you plan to arrive in Madison.
The department Entomology and the Russell Labs Administrative Hub will provide two orientation events that are strongly recommended for all new students. Students who are unable to attend must notify Sara (email@example.com) by August 15th.
- New Student Orientation – Wednesday, August 24th from 9:30 am-12:30 pm, Room 584 Russell Labs
- Orientation will begin with coffee and snacks and will end with a lunch with faculty and EGSA members
- Topics covered will include welcome and introductions, what to do before classes begin, general building resources, HR and benefits information, and program specific information
- HR and Benefits Sign-Up Session – Thursday, August 25th starting at 11:00 am, Room A120 Russell Labs
- Department funded RAs, TAs, PAs, and fellows will need to attend this session to get their appointment and benefits set up for the fall
Students who begin their funding in Summer 2016 need to contact Lance Potter (608-263-4520) to set up their benefits when they arrive.