New Graduate Student Information
Welcome New Graduate Students! Below is a link to the Entomology New Student Information Guide. In the guide you will find information about housing, Madison, orientation, benefits, enrollment, etc. This guide is intended to be a general overview of program requirements. For a complete listing of program requirements please visit the Handbooks and Forms webpage. For additional information on building resources, HR, IT, etc., please visit the Russell Labs Knowledge Base (KB).
Most general questions: Dan Young (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· Need authorization for independent study: Laurie Ballentine (email@example.com)
· Career resources: check out the CALS Career Services page for students (https://cals.wisc.edu/academics/undergraduate-students/career-services/students/)
· Issues or questions that need to be answered by CALS or don’t know where to go: see a CALS Dean on Call in 116 Agricultural Hall (Monday – Friday, noon – 3:30 pm during the academic year, or 11:00 am – 2:00 pm during winter and summer breaks)
The department Entomology and the Russell Labs Administrative Hub will provide two orientation events that are strongly recommended for all new students. Students who are unable to attend must notify Todd (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 15th.
- HR and Benefits Sign-Up Session – Thursday, August 24th 10:00-11:00 am, Room A120 Russell Labs, Department funded RAs, TAs, PAs, and fellows will need to attend this session to get their appointment and benefits set up for the fall, additional information in advance of the event will be sent via email
- New Student Orientation – Wednesday, August 30th from 9:30 am-12:30 pm, Room 584 Russell Labs, Orientation will begin with coffee and snacks and will end with a lunch with faculty and some current students, topics covered will include welcome and introductions, transition to graduate school, and program specific information
Students who begin their funding in Summer 2016 need to contact Lance Potter (608-263-4520) to set up their benefits when they arrive.