As a subgroup of the University of Wisconsin’s Integrated Biological Sciences Summer Research Program (IBS-SRP) we offer exceptional undergraduate students an opportunity to pursue basic and applied research experience at a world class research institution in laboratories focused on ecological, plant, and environmental research.
Participants in program will engage in independent research, guided by a graduate student or postdoctoral mentor and a faculty member. During these ten weeks, you will have the opportunity to:
- Build your scientific skills. Develop your skills as a scientist and as a communicator of scientific knowledge by designing and performing your own experiments, analyzing the current scientific literature, attending research seminars, and preparing final written and oral presentations of your work.
- Collaborate with your peers. Participate in weekly discussion with your undergraduate peers, your research lab group, and in other career-oriented programs.
- Explore Madison! The program allows ample free time for enjoying the Madison culture, including sailing, canoeing and other outdoor activities, free weekend lakeside music, shopping, art museums, and myriad music, dance and theater performances.
For information regarding eligibility and financial support please see the IBS-SRP website.
The Ecology, Plant, & Environmental Systems (EPES) program is a combination of the former Plant Development, Breeding, & Genetics, Environmental Biology and Summer Symbiosis Program. All of the former participants of these three programs are listed on this website.
Important Dates and Deadlines!
- 2014 Program Dates: May 27th- August 2nd, 2014
- 2014 Application Available: November 15, 2013
- 2014 Application Deadline: February 15, 2014