Classroom and Urgent Support:
If your computing issue has stopped your in-progress class and you need immediate assistance, please call: (608) 469 – 7762
Contact for Computing Help and/or Consulting:
To see a Flowchart of the computing support request process, please go here – https://kb.wisc.edu/russell/page.php?id=52671
John is our HelpDesk point person and will usually be your first point of contact for regular computer support (printing, desktop troubleshooting, etc.).
Calvin and Rahul are our student helpdesk staff.
- Consulting on ordering new computers, printers, scanners or software
- Choosing, ordering, setup and installation of new computers and printers
- Installing and configuring software
- Troubleshooting and repairing computers, printers, and software
- Diagnosing and repairing computer viruses
- Reloading or upgrading computer operating systems
- Maintaining existing network drives, including backups
- Creating departmental email accounts
- Creating user accounts to access existing network drives and network printers
- Installing software on classroom and lab computers
We can also provide replacement keyboards and mice.
See our tasks page for more information about staff expertise.