Classroom and Urgent Support:
If your computing issue has stopped your in-progress class and you need immediate assistance, please call: (608) 469 – 7762
Contact for Computing Help and/or Consulting:
To see a Flowchart of the computing support request process, please go here – https://kb.wisc.edu/russell/page.php?id=52671
Calvin and Rahul are our student helpdesk staff and will usually be your first point of contact.
- Consulting on ordering new computers, printers, scanners or software
- Choosing, ordering, setup and installation of new computers and printers
- Installing and configuring software
- Troubleshooting and repairing computers, printers, and software
- Diagnosing and repairing computer viruses
- Reloading or upgrading computer operating systems
- Maintaining existing network drives, including backups
- Creating departmental email accounts
- Creating user accounts to access existing network drives and network printers
- Installing software on classroom and lab computers
We can also provide replacement keyboards and mice.
Apple and Mobile Device Questions:
Departmental and Lab Website Questions:
Paul Gunther handles website and web programming questions:
Paul maintains the three department websites and also administers the software that drives many of the lab websites, creates new lab websites in WordPress and trains faculty, staff, and students on how to use WordPress.
To learn more about our WordPress lab websites, click here.
and currently (until we hire a new sysadmin) Paul also provides
Linux Support and Server Administration.
Help Provided by Others: