Over 200 insects and other arthropods common to Wisconsin and the Great Lakes region can be found on the UW Insect Diagnostic Lab’s Insect ID website.
For certain insects, visual identification guides have been developed (posted below). Click each image for a larger version. Additional guides will be added as they are created.
1. Kissing bug compared to a western conifer seed bug
3. Brown Marmorated Stink Bug Identification
4. Brown Marmorated Stink Bug vs. Western Conifer Seed Bug
5. Wisconsin Bee Identification Guide
6. Wisconsin Bumble Bee Guide (from UW Gratton Lab)