Lindroth Lab Members in the Spotlight

It’s been a busy week in the news for the Lindroth Lab group. Ken Keefover-Ring, a post-doctoral scientist and soon to be faculty of the Botany and Geography departments at UW Madison, is one of the investigators on a major multi-university NSF grant. In a recent UWMadScience article, Poplars, perfumes, willows and insects: Understanding tree biodiversity, he talks about the project which looks at how chemical ecology can help us understand how insect pollination contributes to tree biodiversity.

willow_bee_pollination_yellow_gray_4279_3840x2400

Bee pollinating a willow

Michael Falk, a Master’s student, made the eCALs news this week with a video he and another graduate student created for the Entomological Society of America’s student video competition. Be sure to check out this poignant video describing his work and why it’s important not only for science, but for society as a whole. Click here to watch (A)synchrony – An Untimely Problem.

Woolydaggermoth

A cottonwood dagger moth rests on a trembling aspen leaf

This entry was posted in Archived News by Jennifer Riehl. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jennifer Riehl

I have a BS in Biology (Texas Lutheran University), MS degrees in Molecular Biology (SUNY Albany) and Environmental Policy (Michigan Tech) and PhD in Forest Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology (Michigan Tech). My research interests reside largely in the field of ecological genetics/genomics. I am interested in understanding the underlying genetic architecture of adaptive traits in forest trees in general. I also have an intense interest in how science and natural resource management policy interact, from drivers of NIPF land management choices or the incorporation of controversial scientific topics (e.g., species concepts or hybridization) into bureaucratic structures. I also love to travel and explore new places. On my downtime I like to attend musical events from rock concerts to symphony orchestra performances or see new films.