New Phytologist Paper

Madritch&Lindroth_2015

Recently, a former member of the Lindroth Research Group published a manuscript on condensed tannins and nitrogen recovery in New Phytologist. Madritch and Lindroth investigated how condensed tannin concentration in aspen leaves and below ground nitrogen cycling are influenced by herbivory. High levels of condensed tannins were correlated with nitrogen recovery within the same and following seasons in defoliated trees suggesting that tannins may be mediators of tolerance rather than resistance.

This entry was posted in Archived News by Jennifer Riehl. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jennifer Riehl

I have a BS in Biology (Texas Lutheran University), MS in Molecular Biology (SUNY Albany) and PhD in Forest Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology (Michigan Tech). My research interests reside largely in the field of ecological genetics/genomics. I am interested in understanding the underlying genetic architecture of adaptive traits in forest trees in general. I also have an intense interest in how science and natural resource management policy interact, from drivers of NIPF land management choices or the incorporation of controversial scientific topics (e.g., species concepts or hybridization) into bureaucratic structures. I also love to travel and explore new places. On my downtime I like to attend musical events from rock concerts to symphony orchestra performances or see new films.