In the spotlight: the art of science

Our own Hilary Barker submitted an up close photo of stinkbug eggs to the 6th Annual (2016) UW-Madison Cool Science Image Contest and was selected as one of 12 winners out of 93 submissions. Recently, her artwork and the story behind it was showcased in a short video entitled, “Forward Motion: The Art of Science” that will also be aired on the Big Ten Network as a TV story called “Art of Science” on a date yet to be determined.

Congratulations to Hilary!

This entry was posted in News by Jennifer Riehl. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jennifer Riehl

I have a BS in Biology (Texas Lutheran University), MS in Molecular Biology (SUNY Albany) and PhD in Forest Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology (Michigan Tech). My research interests reside largely in the field of ecological genetics/genomics. I am interested in understanding the underlying genetic architecture of adaptive traits in forest trees in general. I also have an intense interest in how science and natural resource management policy interact, from drivers of NIPF land management choices or the incorporation of controversial scientific topics (e.g., species concepts or hybridization) into bureaucratic structures. I also love to travel and explore new places. On my downtime I like to attend musical events from rock concerts to symphony orchestra performances or see new films.