Congratulations Michael!

Michael Falk, a recently graduated master’s student, won first place in the student 10 minute paper competition (General Ecology section) at the Entomological Society of America Meeting┬áin November 2017. His paper was entitled, “Genetic variation in aspen (Populus tremuloides) phytochemical patterns structure windows of opportunity for gypsy moth larvae.”

This entry was posted in News by Jennifer Riehl. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jennifer Riehl

I have a BS in Biology (Texas Lutheran University), MS in Molecular Biology (SUNY Albany) and PhD in Forest Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology (Michigan Tech). My research interests reside largely in the field of ecological genetics/genomics. I am interested in understanding the underlying genetic architecture of adaptive traits in forest trees in general. I also have an intense interest in how science and natural resource management policy interact, from drivers of NIPF land management choices or the incorporation of controversial scientific topics (e.g., species concepts or hybridization) into bureaucratic structures. I also love to travel and explore new places. On my downtime I like to attend musical events from rock concerts to symphony orchestra performances or see new films.