Amy receives prestigious George Kress Award for excellence in teaching!

Our own Amy Flansburg has been selected as the┬árecipient of the Forest and Wildlife Ecology Department’s George Kress Award for Outstanding Contribution of a Forestry Graduate Student (and she receives $1000!). The award is given to a graduate student who has gone above and beyond contributing to the department’s mission “to provide┬áscience-based research, instruction, and extension that supports forest management in an ecologically, economically, and socially sustainable fashion”. Amy took on the sole responsibility of teaching Forest Ecology last fall and has been an advocate for undergraduate students in the department.

Congratulations Amy!

This entry was posted in News by Jennifer Riehl. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jennifer Riehl

I have a BS in Biology (Texas Lutheran University), MS degrees in Molecular Biology (SUNY Albany) and Environmental Policy (Michigan Tech) and PhD in Forest Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology (Michigan Tech). My research interests reside largely in the field of ecological genetics/genomics. I am interested in understanding the underlying genetic architecture of adaptive traits in forest trees in general. I also have an intense interest in how science and natural resource management policy interact, from drivers of NIPF land management choices or the incorporation of controversial scientific topics (e.g., species concepts or hybridization) into bureaucratic structures. I also love to travel and explore new places. On my downtime I like to attend musical events from rock concerts to symphony orchestra performances or see new films.