Olivia wins second place in the grad student paper presentation competition!

Our own Olivia Cope has been awarded second place in a graduate student paper presentation competition (Plant-Insect Interactions section) at the North Central Branch meeting of the Entomological Society of America in Madison, Wisconsin this week.

Her paper entitled “Clonal ramets of trembling aspen do not coordinate defense induction” shows that while clonal ramets of trembling aspen may share resources through vascular connections in their roots, they do not appear to coordinate defense induction through these connections.

This entry was posted in News by Jennifer Riehl. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jennifer Riehl

I have a BS in Biology (Texas Lutheran University), MS in Molecular Biology (SUNY Albany) and PhD in Forest Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology (Michigan Tech). My research interests reside largely in the field of ecological genetics/genomics. I am interested in understanding the underlying genetic architecture of adaptive traits in forest trees in general. I also have an intense interest in how science and natural resource management policy interact, from drivers of NIPF land management choices or the incorporation of controversial scientific topics (e.g., species concepts or hybridization) into bureaucratic structures. I also love to travel and explore new places. On my downtime I like to attend musical events from rock concerts to symphony orchestra performances or see new films.