Lindroth lab undergrads awarded prestigious undergraduate fellowships

The Lindroth lab is excited to have not one, but two undergraduate fellowship proposals awarded for this upcoming academic year. Tommy Matoska and Sam Jaeger, have been awarded the Sophomore Research Fellowship and the Holstrom Environmental Scholarship respectively.

Tommy, a sophomore, is majoring in biology with certificates in Environmental Studies and Global Health. He will be working with Jenn Riehl (a postdoc fellow) on a project entitled:  Uncovering the genetic architecture of chemical defense in Populus.

Sam, a senior, is majoring in environmental sciences. He will be working with Clay Morrow (graduate student) on a project entitled: A Test of Plant Allocation Theory: Implications for Plantation Forest Production.

Congratulations to both Sam and Tommy!

This entry was posted in News by Jennifer Riehl. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jennifer Riehl

I have a BS in Biology (Texas Lutheran University), MS degrees in Molecular Biology (SUNY Albany) and Environmental Policy (Michigan Tech) and PhD in Forest Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology (Michigan Tech). My research interests reside largely in the field of ecological genetics/genomics. I am interested in understanding the underlying genetic architecture of adaptive traits in forest trees in general. I also have an intense interest in how science and natural resource management policy interact, from drivers of NIPF land management choices or the incorporation of controversial scientific topics (e.g., species concepts or hybridization) into bureaucratic structures. I also love to travel and explore new places. On my downtime I like to attend musical events from rock concerts to symphony orchestra performances or see new films.