The Lab says good-bye and good luck to two amazing graduate students

Graduate students Amy Flansburg (MS) and Hilary Barker (PhD) both successfully defended their theses this past spring. We congratulate them on their impressive accomplishments as graduate students and wish them the best in their future endeavors. Amy and Hilary, you will be missed!

Amy’s thesis is entitled “Trembling aspen triploid advantage has a physiological basis with geographic caveats.” She is now working as a biologist at Stantec Consulting, Inc. using herscientific expertise to help create more sustainable infrastructure and facilities projects.

Hilary’s dissertation is entitled “Linking plant genetics and environment to associated insect species and community composition”. She is currently working as a Senior Research Analyst helping to create insight from data to inform education practices and decisions in the Wisconsin Technical College System

This entry was posted in News by Jennifer Riehl. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jennifer Riehl

I have a BS in Biology (Texas Lutheran University), MS degrees in Molecular Biology (SUNY Albany) and Environmental Policy (Michigan Tech) and PhD in Forest Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology (Michigan Tech). My research interests reside largely in the field of ecological genetics/genomics. I am interested in understanding the underlying genetic architecture of adaptive traits in forest trees in general. I also have an intense interest in how science and natural resource management policy interact, from drivers of NIPF land management choices or the incorporation of controversial scientific topics (e.g., species concepts or hybridization) into bureaucratic structures. I also love to travel and explore new places. On my downtime I like to attend musical events from rock concerts to symphony orchestra performances or see new films.