545 Russell Labs 1630 Linden Drive Madison, WI 53706
(608) 890-1281 (Office) email@example.com
Doctor of Philosophy Entomology Minor: Soil Science. University of Wisconsin, Madison. 2013.
Master of Science Terrestrial Ecology University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. 2009.
Bachelor of Science Biological Aspect of Conservation University of Wisconsin, Madison. 2005.
Biological Lab Technician Feb. 2014-present. U.S.D.A. Agricultural Research Service – Vegetable Crops Research Unit. Madison, WI.
Graduate Student Research Assistant Sept. 2009-2013. University of Wisconsin, Madison. Department of Entomology. Integrated Pest Management in Alfalfa.
Graduate Student Instructor Jan. 2008-May 2009. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. School of Natural Resources and Environment.
Graduate Student Research Assistant May 2008-Aug. 2009. University of Michigan, Biological Research Station, Pellston, MI.
Environmental Education Intern Sept. 2006-Aug. 2007. Hidden Villa Farm and Wilderness Preserve, Los Altos Hills, CA.
North Central Region Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Graduate Student Grant, 2013.
Chasen, E.M. and S. A. Steffan. 2016. Temperature-mediated growth thresholds of Acrobasis vaccinii (Lepidoptera: pyralidae). Environmental Entomology, 45: 732-736.
Chasen, E. M., D. J. Undersander, and E. M. Cullen. 2015. Revisiting the economic injury level and economic threshold model for potato leafhopper (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae) in alfalfa. Journal of Economic Entomology, 108(4): 1748-1756.
Chasen, E. M., C. Dietrich, E.A. Backus and E.M. Cullen. 2014. Potato leafhopper (Hemiptera: Cicadellidae) ecology and integrated pest management focused in alfalfa. Journal of Integrated Pest Management, 5(1): A1-A8.
- Using degree-days to maximize your pest management tool box. Wisconsin Cranberry School, January 20-21, 2016. Stevens Point, WI.
- Economic Thresholds for Potato Leafhopper in Susceptible and Resistant Alfalfa in an Era of Rising Alfalfa Hay Market Value. Agronomy Society of America, November 3- 6, 2013. Tampa, FL.
- Insect Pest Suppression and Manure Application: Potato Leafhopper Response in Alfalfa (Poster). Midwest Organic Farming Conference, February 21-23, 2013. La Crosse, WI.
- Integrated Pest Management for Potato Leafhopper in Alfalfa. Wisconsin Crop Management Conference, January 15-17, 2013. Madison, WI.