Upcoming Meetings and Events!
Where: Russell Labs, Rm. A228
When: Every other Monday at 5:45 pm
- February 4 – Kick-off Meeting and Jeff Lorch talking about his research on white-nose syndrome and an emerging rattlesnake disease
- February 18 – Graduate student Andrew Norton talking about his research on game species population ecology and management
- March 4 – Graduate School Panel comprised of professors and graduate students that tell their experience with the process
- March 18 - Graduate student Camille Warbington talking about her research on White-tailed deer fawn survival
- April 1 – Professor Glen Stanosz giving a presentation on the relationship between fungus and wildlife
- April 15 – Andy Paulios, Coordinator of the Wisconsin Bird Conservation Initiative, talking about grassland bird conservation efforts
- April 29 – Officer Elections
Come to our meetings and learn about all of the excellent opportunities we will be offering. We will have many guest speakers from wildlife professions come in and talk about there research and work. We also organize many special trips/events where we travel the state to explore wildlife areas and learn about the environment. Some of our bigger events from year to year include: Devil’s Lake Trip, Northern Saw-whet Owl Banding, Prairie Chicken Census, International Crane Foundation Trip, Science Nights, Prairie Restorations, and our Highway clean-up.
If you can’t make meetings but are interested in signing up for any event listed below, contact our email (email@example.com) and we will get you signed up. By emailing us, we can also get you on our e-mail list so that you can keep up to date on the future wildlife meetings and events.
Events this Semester
In order to go on TWS events, you will need to pay semester dues of $10 to an officer.
All events depart from behind Russel Labs next to the parking ramp unless told otherwise.
Great Wisconsin Birdathon
When: May 4
Where: Picnic Point
What: Bird the University area and raise money to go towards conserving Wisconsin birds and the club! Afterwards we will have out end of the year picnic.
Our fundraising page: http://www.wibirdathon.org/nrfw/teampage.asp?fundid=1815
Information about the Birdathon: http://www.wibirdathon.org/nrfw/default.asp
Possible Fall Semester Events!
Annual Game Dinner
Saw-whet Owl Banding
Aldo Leopold Shack Tour
Green Fire Showing
Four Lakes Wildlife Health Center: Haunted Trails volunteering
Devil’s Lake Field Trip
Horicon National Wildlife Refugee Trip
Possible Spring Semester Events!
Great Wisconsin Birdathon
Herping Trip to Kettle Moraine State Forest
Maple Tree Tapping
Midwest Crane Count
Trip to International Crane Foundation
Necedah National Wildlife Refuge