Who is eligible to run for a student chapter office?
Any student chapter member who is also a member of the TWS.
*Note: Membership in the student chapter and the society means you have paid your dues to the UW-Madison Student Chapter and to The Wildlife Society.
What are the responsibilities of student chapter officers?
- Oversee general organization of the chapter
- Run general chapter meetings
- Write agenda (with the help of other officers)
- Send emails: general announcements, reminders of upcoming events, job announcements
- Organize speakers and activities (with help from other officers)
- Prepare budget with vice president, secretary, and treasurer
- Submit annual activity report to TWS National Chapter
- Represent the Student Chapter at meetings of the Wisconsin Chapter and the North Central Section when necessary
- Appoint chairs for all committees
- Act as ex-officio member of all committees
- Keep faculty advisor informed of activities, needs, problems, etc.
- Maintain files of chapter activities in conjunction with faculty advisor
- Run meetings in absence of president
- Assist with all of the President’s duties
- Register the Society for UW Org Fair and lead the table
- Organize all aspects of T-shirt sale
- Prepare budget with president, secretary, and treasurer
- Other duties as requested by the president
- Take notes at general chapter meetings
- Type notes into minutes which are posted on the chapter bulletin board, sent over email, and filed in chapter binder (kept in room 205)
- Write annual reports for TWS National Chapter
- Maintain all files and membership roster
- Report election results to TWS National Chapter
- Prepare budget with president, vice president, and treasurer
- Keep records, file all bank statements, and balance check book
- Monitor funds available in departmental accounts
- Submit calendar year financial statement to TWS National Chapter and faculty advisor in January of each year
- Prepare budget with president, vice president, and secretary
- Write checks as needed and approved
- Plan Science Night
- Plan other events involving outreach for the Society
- Attend all Meetings
- Create and lead an event for each semester
- Keep the Undergraduate Reading Room (rm. 205) in order, keep track of office supplies, etc.
- Make sure progress is being made within committees for the game dinner, T-shirt and calendar sale
- Become a member of the National Chapter of Wildlife Society
- Keep current with chapter special projects